Lab 5 - Composition

 Lab 5 - Composition Exercise

Euphemia Agbaw-Ebai

B00125770



Image 1
 F/11. 1/8s. ISO 6400. 34mm.
Leading Lines
This is a picture I took of the floor in my brother's room. I had to lay down on the ground to get this angle. I was trying to get an angle that makes the lines on the floor look like they are leading out to somewhere which I think I achieved in this shot.




Image 2
F/5.6. 1/60s. ISO 800. 49mm.
Vertical lines
This is an image of a tree I took outside of my house. I could notice how the leaves of the tree were all pointing downwards and formed lines. 





Image 3
F/5.6. 1/25s. ISO 400. 25mm.
Horizontal Lines
Horizontal and Vertical lines on the cupboards of the kitchen. 





Image 4
F/5. 1/8s. ISO 400. 28mm.
Rule of Thirds
This is an image I took of a shoe shelf under my staircase. The pair of heels we see right in the middle of the picture is meant to be the main subject of the photo. 




Image 5
F/5. 1/60. ISO 6400. 24mm.
Composition
I found composition really challenging. I wasn't sure of how or what to take pictures of for this exercise. This is an image of a wardrobe. There is a mannequin head sitting on the very top shelf, on the top-right of the screen. This is meant to show composition. I think the mannequin may blend in a little too well and doesn't stand out as much I wanted it too. I am not wholly satisfied with this one but hey, there's a first to everything!





Image 6
F/6.3. 1/100s. ISO 800. 55mm.
Spiral
This composition exercise was also challenging. Happily I noticed the gate at the front yard of the house. I like this picture because the spiral leads the eye out of the picture and back to the spiral point. I think that's cool.





Image 7
F/5.6. 1/80s. IS0 1600. 28mm.
Balance
My aim for this shot was to find balance between a subject in the foreground and in the background. This was probably the most challenging of all. When I was taking this image I was looking at the plant in the bowl and the tree behind it close the house. Now that I look back at it I am seeing more of a balance between the plant bowl and the tree across the road on the right of the screen.





Image 8
F/4.5. 1/50s. ISO 400. 30mm.
Dominance
The yellow flower dominates any other colour in this image. I can see other spots of yellow in this image.  This was very easy to spot. It is very catching to the eye.






Image 9
F/5.6. 1/15s. ISO 400. 34mm.
Coherence
I like this picture a lot. I is a close up shot of the details on my trainer. For some reason the camera found it very hard to focus and refused to release the shutter a couple of times. In this image we can see the details that make up the whole design of the shoe.





Image 10
F/9. 1/10s. ISO 1600. 39mm.
Rhythm
I think the lines on this radiator are very rhythmic. There are also leading lines to this image.





Image 11
F/14. 1/500s. ISO 800. 34mm.
Negative Space
The negative space in this image would be the sky I believe. When you look at the image I can see the sky is very dominating and looks like it takes up most of the image.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midterm Assignment

Photographic Style Reflection